YZF-600R OEM parts
The perfectly balanced middleweight supersport machine. A model of civility attuned to the everyday needs of the real world. That's not to say the 600R doesn't feast on
twisty tarmac as hungrily as its supersonic R1 and R6 siblings.
Rest assured, this YZF can carve with the best of them. Which should really come as no surprise considering its high-performance pedigree: a liquid-cooled, 16-valve Genesis in-line four tuned for potent low- and mid-range punch, slick-shifting 6-speed transmission, Yamaha's legendary Deltabox frame
and fully adjustable suspension front and rear. Add it all up, and what stands before you is a razor-sharp scalpel delivering some of the lightest, most precise handling in the class.
But where the YZF's true beauty lies, perhaps, is in just how comfortably all this performance comes packaged. It's the perfect cross between aggressive supersport and relaxed daily commuter, courtesy of ergonomics created by a wide, plush seat, slightly rearset footpegs, moderately low clip-ons and a broad, tall fairing.
Capable and comfortable. The YZF600R. "Absolute proof," hailed the Motorcycle press, "that real life is not a racetrack."
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Potent 599cc, liquid-cooled, 16-valve, DOHC, in-line
four-cylinder powerplant puts out strong, yet street-friendly power perfectly tuned for both aggressive sport riding and everyday commuting.
- Durable, lightweight forged pistons help reduce weight for increased throttle response.
- Ram-air-style intake features a central duct below headlight to aspirate engine with high-pressure cool air for maximum top-end performance.
- Four 36mm Keihin downdraft carburetors ensure crisp, seamless throttle response throughout the rev range.
- Close-ratio 6-speed transmission provides optimal power delivery to the asphalt with effortless shifting.
- 4-into-2-into-1 muffler optimizes engine performance while reducing weight and maximizing lean angle with tucked-in positioning.
- Crossover pipe between exhaust headers and muffler enhances low- and mid-range torque.
- Legendary Deltabox chassis design is perfect combination of light weight and rigidity for ultra-precise handling and flex-free stability while cornering.
- Rear subframe is lightweight and compact for greater performance and rider comfort.
- Fully adjustable (preload, compression and rebound damping) 41mm telescopic front fork with 5.1" of travel offers race-inspired suspension performance with ultra-precise rider feedback during aggressive riding conditions.
- Fully adjustable (preload, compression and rebound damping) remote-reservoir rear shock with 4.7" of travel delivers super-precise handling performance and maximum versatility.
- Competition-spec brake system features dual 298mm front discs with one-piece 4-piston calipers and 245mm single rear disc brake with dual-piston caliper for exceptional, one-finger stopping power.
- ·5-way adjustable front brake lever fits a wide range of hand sizes.
- Lightweight, cast alloy, 3-spoke 17" wheels front and back reduce unsprung weight for
superior suspension performance, while 120/60-ZR17 front and 160/60-ZR17 rear radials deliver incomparable grip and balanced steering characteristics.
- Sleek, drag-reducing fairing and bodywork combine with tall windscreen for the perfect combination of wind protection and aerodynamics for optimal rider comfort
without sacrificing performance.
- Moderately low clip-on bars, wide, plush seat and slightly rear-set footpegs create ideal ergonomic balance between hard-edged supersport machine and everyday commuter.
- Wide, plush passenger pillion and sturdy grabrails provide first-class two-up seating.
- Multiple, under-tailsection cargo hooks furnish numerous bungee cord anchoring points.
- 5.0-gallon fuel tank ensures excellent range, while tank-side knee cutouts help create aggressive seating position to enhance sharp cornering with exceptional control.
- Instrumentation includes easy-to-read analog speedometer, tachometer, odometer, tripmeter with indicator lights for neutral, high beam, turn signals and low fuel and oil.
- Sleek 60/55-watt multi-reflector resin-lens headlight maximizes visibility and enhances slippery aerodynamics.
- Standard toolkit located in convenient storage compartment under passenger seat.